Sitting in my sister's living room, the week before she got married. We were making wedding favors and she says to me, I was so angry with you when you moved away.
I was blown away when she told me. I had no idea. I told her how sorry I was, I never meant to leave you, I just didn't think about anything, I really just ran as fast as I could, as far as I could. And she said she understood, she wasn't mad anymore.
I think once my sister and I went to college, that was it, we were out of there...you know? That whole survival thing. And I knew for a long time that my sister didn't want anything to do with them and that included me, I was lumped together with them. I am so thankful that she has moved past that and I am my own lump, separate from them. I am so glad about that. I cherish my relationship with her. If I could, I think I would talk to her everyday. I love her more than anything else in the whole world and I am so, so proud of her. I am proud of the life she has made for herself. I am just proud. And I am so thankful to have a relationship with her today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am praying that you share this all with your sister ... I think it would be an incredible way for her to see this through your eyes, gain perspective and love you just as you love her.
Post a Comment